1. Ruggiano, Justin LF
· He’s the definition of AAAA player. He’s a good 4th outfielder in real baseball, but for fantasy purposes he’s a flash in the pan.
2. Villanueva, Carlos SP
· Ride the streak. Vill is a flash in the pan (sense a theme here?). His K-Rate is almost 3 strikeouts higher than his career average, his ERA is a full run lower, strand rate is way up, all the while is walks have increased. There’s a huge drop-off coming. Jump ship!
3. Aoki, Norichika OF MIL
· Aoki was on a tear going into the All-Star break. I like him. I’d pick him up. He’ll contribute in all 5 categories.
4. Perez, Salvador C KC
· Not a lot of power, but has great average. Basically a younger, more dandruffy version of Joe Mauer.
5. Sheets, Ben SP ATL
· No, just no.
6. Oviedo, Juan RP MIA
· Formerly known as Leo Nunez. Miami is going to closer by committee, so if you’re desperate for saves grab him. I don’t think he’ll get many, but hey, saves are saves.
7. Tillman, Chris SP BAL
· Another elite pitching prospect coming up the Baltimore pipeline. Tillman had a solid minor league career, but like what seems like all the pitching prospects coming up in Baltimore he seems destined to fail this year. I like him in deep keeper leagues.